on ATMANIRBHAR GAUSHALAS Where Waste can be Wealth
Proper disposal of cow waste is a challenge for thousands of Gaushalas across Madhya Pradesh. Cutting edge solutions to monetize cow waste products and make Gaushalas self-sustainable are invited
Participation invited from Students, Professionals, NGOs, Start-ups, Institutions & Corporates
Teams to be represented by maximum 4 members
Step 1 : Registration
Online Registrations are open for participants to register on website
Step II: Presentation of Shortlisted Ideas
Participantes are expected to pressent their ideas in the form of PPT,prototype or a working model
Step III: Prize Distribution
Winning team will be awarded with prizes as decided by the committee
Winners to get scale up support from Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control Board
Rules & Regulations
- The responsibility of the components and the materials required for developing the prototype during the Hackathon lies solely on the participating teams.
- Travel expenses, accommodation, local hospitality etc. lies solely on the participating teams.
- Facilities like internet, food, working space will be provided by the organizer on the event day.
- The entire idea need not be fully implemented; however, the submission should be functional so that it can be reviewed by the Committee.
- The developers of the solution will have all rights and own the IP of the product. However, Organizers can use the idea or developed version of the idea for their use at Free of Cost.
- At Least one team member must be present at the event.
- Teams can be disqualified from the competition at the organizers' discretion. Reasons might include but are not limited to breaking the Competition Rules, breaking the Code of Conduct or other unsporting behavior. Harassment and abuse are never tolerated.
- Incomplete submission will be disqualified.
- Submissions can be submitted in either Hindi or English.
- Ideas would be submitted after filling in the registration form.
- Shortlisted entries would be selected for final presentation (offline as well online mode)
- There is no participation fee. Registration on the portal, however, is a must.
- Evaluators reserve the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reasons whatsoever and without thereby incurring any liability to the participant(s) whatsoever.
- Organizers shall not be responsible for non-receipt of entries on account of server errors/ traffic.
- Organizers do not take any responsibility in case of patent right(s) violation(s) if the innovation(s) submitted is awaiting patent or is in the process of patent filing.
- The participants are solely responsible for the accuracy of any information and conclusions contained in their respective submissions. Further, the participants understand that any submission in violation of the instant clause shall stand Disqualified, without any intimation to the participants.
- The organizers shall be entitled to, without limitation, publish the submissions (or part(s) thereof) on their promotional Materials, including but not limited to websites, their newsletters or any other publications, without payment of additional consideration.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel the competition or modify the rules, dates of the competition anytime. The Organizers shall have no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience/loss directly or indirectly caused to any Participant due to such.
- Modification of rules/cancellation of competition and the Participants shall accordingly not be entitled to raise any claims pertaining to the same.
- Once the participants have made submissions on the platform, they shall have no claim even in the event of stoppage/cancellation of the competition.
- Teams shall maintain detailed documentation of their idea and solution at all stages of the hackathon for reference and record purposes. The organizers reserve the right to review these documents at any time during the event.
- Any decision by the organizers on any aspect of the hackathon at any point of time during the course of the event is final and binding to all the participants, without any reservations.
- The Participants shall indemnify organizers against any claim raised by any party regarding the submission. The participants shall be liable to compensate the organizers for all costs and expenses they may have to incur against such claims.
- The Participants shall preserve the confidentiality of all communication & information and shall not use the same for any other purpose whatsoever.
- If any question, dispute or difference (hereinafter referred to as a ‘Dispute’) between the participant and the organizers hereto arises, the decision of the Organizing Committee will be final and binding.
- Any decision by the organizers on any aspect of Prizes/Competition at any point of time during the course of the event is final and binding to all the participants, without any reservations.
- Board can increase or decrease or change prize money at any point during the event.
- Eligible Submissions will be evaluated by the committee selected by the organizers. Committee may or may not be listed individually on the Hackathon Website and may change before or during the evaluation period. evaluation may take place in one or more rounds with the committee, at the discretion of the Organizers.
- Teams will be selected on these six criteria. Committee will weigh the criteria equally. During evaluation, participants should try to describe what they did for each criterion in their project.
- Technology : How technically impressive was the solution? Was the technical problem tackled by the team difficult? Did it use a particularly clever technique or multiple components? Did the technology involved make you go "WoW"?
- Design : Did the team put thought into the user experience? How well designed is the interface? For a website, this might be about how beautiful the CSS or graphics are. For a hardware project, it might be more about how good the human interaction is (e.g. is it easy to use or does it use a cool interface?).
- Completion : Does the solution work? Did the team achieve everything they wanted?
- Sustainability : Is the solution sustainable?
- Market Value : How is your solution adding value to the world? What is the real life use and importance of the product? Is it affordable and practical to be used in the real world?
- Implementation : How easy and affordable is implementation? Is the solution worth implementing?
- These criteria will guide committee but ultimately committee is free to make decisions based on their professional experience which projects are the most impressive and most deserving.
- All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize or any component of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- How innovative is the concept?
- What will be the impact on society if this model is used?
Originality of the concept
- Is this a completely new idea?
- Is it a modification of an existing concept - If yes, is this a new idea, or has it been discussed / tried before?
- How unique is this model?
- Was it a very easy design or a complex design?
- Is it easy to adapt or use?
Practicality / Feasibility
- Ease of implementation / cost of implementation
- Feasibility of use in the intended model & location / completeness of the proposal
Depth of research / Depth of the proposal
- Level of detailing of the proposal
- Depth of the thought process.
Detailing of Design (15 points)
- Level of detailing & rendering in the Model Design
- Use of Simulation/Analysis while creating the Model
Prototyping & testing
- Does the prototype of the product prepared?
- Prototype is functional or non-functional.
- Participation in all activities.
- Completion of the activities
- Is it capturing the design intent?
- Has the idea been effectively presented / communicated)
- Effectiveness of Pitch
- Time Adherence for Pitch
- How well have the questions been answered?
- MP Gausamvardhan Board: A board under the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Gaushala: An entity registered in MP Gau-samvardhan an board which provides shelter to stray, diseased, debilitated cattle.
- Minimum Standards of registered Gaushalas : 1 Acre of land, minimum of 100 adult cattle, proper shelter and basic amenities to shelter cattle.
Type of Gaushalas in Madhya Pradesh:
- 1.1 Non Government Organization owned: - Established and run by NGO (trusts or samities of different-Religion/sects/Community).Provided with Rs 20/cattle/day as Grant in aid by Govt of Madhya Pradesh
- 1.2 Gaushalas under Mukhyamantri Gauseva Yojna: Established by the state government, tailor made with a capacity of 100 cattle on 1 acre of land. Each gaushala is associated with 5 Acre of cultivable land for fodder. Nearly 1135 such Gaushalas are functioning in the state, of which 525 Gauslahas are run by women self-help groups and the rest by N.G.O & Gram Panchayats.
- 2. Madhya Pradesh stands 2nd in cattle population in India. 70% of cattle are of nondescript breed primarily for dual purposes.
- 3. Most of Gaushalas lies in Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal,Sagar division. Tribal districts has least number of Gaushlas.
- 4. Status of registered Gaushalas:
- 4.1 Gaushalas with <100 cattle: 285
- 4.2 Gaushalas with 100-250 cattle: 1200
- 4.3 Gashalas with 250-500 Cattle: 200
- 4.4 Gaushalas with 500-1000 cattle: 66
- 4.5 Gaushalas with > 1000 cattle: 11
- 5. The collectable dung of Gaushala cattle is estimated at about 3Kg/day/cattle.
- 6. The cost of cattle rearing per day per cattle comes to nearly about Rs70/ day/ cattle.